Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Matthew 25:35-36 -- On Personalization and Participation

"For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me."
Matthew 25:35-36


I like this because even though I think we kind of gloss over how shocking some of this might be, these are things that we often avoid in our regular lives.  Feeding, clothing, and taking in strangers doesn't exactly seem safe.  And especially now, visiting the sick or visiting prisons seems like it would have a high risk factor.  ... These aren't easy things that the Lord is asking. :)  But when we reach out to others and help them in their extremities, then God blesses us as though we did it for him.  Because that's what he wants, is for us to treat each other like family.  If we instead exclude others or reject their needs, then he takes that personally as well, because that's his family too.

Today, let's think about what we can do for others even in the current world situation.  It's a group effort, all of us helping each other. :)  Let's participate and do what we can for our fellow men, and for God.  As we do, God will also make sure that we are cared for and lifted up as part of his family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews