Thursday, August 6, 2020

D&C 68:6 -- On Cheer and Fear and Testimony

"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:6


I like the message to be of good cheer here.  Easy to lose our senses of humor when things seem bleak, and forget the source of our hope, but God always comes back and reminds us again. :)  We have reason for being of good cheer and not fearing, because God is with us, and will stand beside us.

God also here gives us something to do on our side that will help... to bear record of him.  One of the ways that we can remind ourselves and others of God's workings in our lives is by writing it down.  Whether for our friends online or for our posterity, testimonies are powerful and can do us a lot of good, as well as those who are prompted to learn more about Christ themselves.

Today, let's work on being of good cheer and not fearing, through our faith and confidence in God.  Let's also make sure we're helping God in his mission to bring light to the world by praying, reading our scriptures, and sharing God's light with others through bearing record of Christ.  It doesn't have to be earth-shattering... any effort helps. :)

To that end, I want you to know that I know Christ lives, that he loves us and wants us to hope and be happy and that he will help us succeed in doing good. :)  Let's work with him and feel that in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews