Friday, August 21, 2020

Psalms 40:12 -- On Being Saved From Ourselves

"For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me.
Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me: O Lord, make haste to help me."
Psalms 40:12


One of the greatest things about these verses, and about God in general, is the idea of being able to saved even from ourselves, and our own mistakes.  I mean, that is the whole point of God's plan, because God knew that we were going to fail, and so he provided a Savior for us to give us space to improve and learn to overcome our weaknesses and faults.

Today, let's be humble, thankful, and prayerful, looking to God for deliverance and help... because he *is* pleased to deliver us... that is the whole purpose of his plan.  Let's do all we can to take the chance he has given us to improve our lives and rise above our iniquities to repent and become better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews