Thursday, September 5, 2019

3 Nephi 22:7-10 -- On God's Message of Comfort

"For a small moment have I forsaken thee, but with great mercies will I gather thee.
In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment, but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer.
For this, the waters of Noah unto me, for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth, so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee.
For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee."
3 Nephi 22:7-10


Sometimes we wonder why bad things happen, especially when we are doing good things and trying to make a difference for good.  In other places in the scriptures the Lord explains the why of it, about agency and justice and mercy and repentance, etc.  But sometimes when we ask those things we aren't really looking for an answer--we are just looking for comfort.  This is God offering us that comfort.

Whatever the reasons for the forsaking or the wrath, it is temporary.  God promises that he won't be angry, and that his kindness and his peace are permanent.  Today, let's remember God's beautiful message of comfort, and look forward to the time when everything will be made right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews