Friday, September 13, 2019

John 6:37-39 -- On Coming to Christ

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day."
John 6:37-39


These verses seem very hopeful to me.  I love the idea that Christ will lose nothing that the Father has given him, and from the first verse we know that if we come unto Christ he won't cast us out.  I think the trick here is not casting ourselves out, or walking away from God... because if we go to Christ and remain there, we won't be lost.

Now, of course coming unto Christ is more challenging than just stating our belief and accepting him once.  We have to come to stay, and we have to listen and act on his suggestions.  It's a continuing relationship that we need to keep working at.  The cool thing about that is we already know that Christ isn't going to bail.  He's committed to helping us make it back to our Father.  If we are committed to the same thing, then he won't leave us behind, but will continue to help us forward until we make it.

Today, let's make sure that we are doing our part and sticking with Christ.  If we are, then we can have full confidence that he will help us the rest of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews