Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Colossians 2:2-4

"That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;
In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words."
Colossians 2:2-4


I like this idea of being comforted.  The first verse talks about our hearts being knit together in love... which definitely seems comforting to me, but it goes even further.  "The full assurance of understanding" ... I absolutely love that.  So often I wonder if I will ever understand some things... especially myself. :) Having that full assurance of understanding sure helps... and I don't think it has to be *now.*  It basically assures us that it will happen at some point, and that is comforting all by itself... knowing that we'll understand those basics.  It's just a bonus that we get all the extra mysteries and treasures of wisdom and knowledge thrown in as part of the deal. :)
As for the last verse, I like this one because it emphasizes something that happens all the time. People talking about religion like it is some childish thing that you couldn't possibly believe unless you are blind and unintelligent.  The truth is, though, that God wants us to understand all knowledge and wisdom, and though that process is slow, and though we are all blind and unintelligent sometimes, looking to God is the only way to that "full assurance of understanding."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews