Wednesday, May 21, 2008

2 Timothy 3:14-15

"But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus."
2 Timothy 3:14-15


In this chapter, Paul describes a lot of things that will happen in the last days, and that a lot of people will be deceived and fall away. ... This is his cure.  I know that it covers the "typical" Sunday School answers for things, but... sometimes the typical answers are right, and we need to re-focus on the basics, rather than the mysteries. :)
I like the first verse because it makes me think of those times in my life where I've had communications with God that really stand out... that were so obviously from God and not from me that I could never, ever, make the mistake of thinking that was just in my mind. :) ... I think remembering those times, and remembering all the things that God has taught us our whole lives... that is important.  That helps keep us on track, and mindful of how much we truly need him.  The second verse emphasizes the scriptures, and I really love the phrase "wise unto salvation." ... If we read the scriptures, and have faith in Christ and the things that are happening in the scriptures, they are able to make us wise enough that we can receive salvation.  That is remarkably cool. :) ... It is also an *excellent* reason to dive in and read some more today.  So those are the words of the day: Remember and Read.  Remember God, and Read the Scriptures. ... I think that will get us all through the day successfully, no matter what challenges we face. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews