Tuesday, June 11, 2002

Obadiah 1:3-4

"The pride of thine heart hath deceived thee, thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, whose habitation is high; that saith in his heart, Who shall bring me down to the ground?
Though thou exalt thyself as the eagle, and though thou set they nest among the stars, thence will I bring thee down, saith the Lord."
Obadiah 1:3-4


Hopefully none of us think that we're better than God... but still, this struck me today.  I think that sometimes I think that I am a lot better than I am... that I can handle things myself, that nothing can touch me.  And, you know, whenever I get in those delirious states, something always crushes my walls and brings be back to reality.  It's kind of painful, yes... but good as well.  I can't think that I am better than anyone and be in tune with truth and light.  And I can't go around thinking that I can handle things without the Lord... as is evidenced time and time again in my life, whenever I try to handle things myself, without help from Him... things go wrong, and people get harmed.  Though the verses seem a little harsh, living in a dreamworld where we are the kings of all things isn't going to get us where we need to go. :)  It's good and merciful for God to pop our little bubbles once in a while and give us a chance to see a glimpse of reality. God wants us to know that we are valuable... but to avoid thinking that we are "more" valuable than anyone else... and to remember that we need help in our lives.  Going it alone always seems to be doomed to failure.  You'd think that I would learn... and who knows, maybe I will.  There is always hope. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews