Tuesday, June 4, 2002

2 Peter 3:8

"But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."
2 Peter 3:8


This is interesting.  I have heard people try to calculate with this scripture.  Let's see... if one day to us is exactly a thousand years to God, then I've lived... hmm... less than an hour. :)  Things like that.  To me though... doesn't it say it both ways?  That a thousand years is as a day, and a day is as a thousand years?  I don't really think that it is a statement of exactly how long it took to create the earth, or indicative of the rotational speed of the planet that God lives on... :)  I just think it is another way to say that time doesn't exist for God.  He sees eternity... past, present, and future, always.  It is difficult for us to understand that, because time is a huge aspect of our lives... but I, for one, will laugh when everyone finds out that their Franklin planners are worthless on the other side.  Or maybe I won't... I might (we all hope) be more sensitive to other people's feelings by then. :)  The concept of the non-existence of time is fascinating in itself... Hard to imagine what it would be like.  Cool to think about though.  The vastness of non-time kind of makes you think about your priorities as well... are we running around busily doing something that matters?  Or are we just running around to stay busy? :)  Anyway, enough babbling for today... have a good day, however long it is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews