Thursday, May 2, 2002

Alma 30:15

"How do ye know of their surety?  Behold, ye cannot know of things which ye do not see; therefore ye cannot know that there shall be a Christ."
Alma 30:15


This scripture is quoting Korihor, the anti-Christ.  It is interesting to me how logical this sounds. :) The truth though, is that we *can* know of things that we do not see.  We have the spirit, and senses beyond just the basics.  We are children of God, after all.  And when we deny our spiritual senses, then we limit ourselves.  We try to explain things without the depth that is necessary for the explanation.  There is so much beyond our sight... but we can still feel it, and know it... more surely sometimes than if we had seen.  The scriptures talk of people who have seen angels and still deny.  So sight alone doesn't cut it.  When I feel the spirit confirm the truth of something to me, I know it better than if I had only seen it with my eyes... it's tied to my soul in some way.  As real as I am. :)  So, today, let's look beyond our eyesight for the truth that lasts, even if we are blind. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews