Tuesday, May 7, 2002

Psalms 94:17

"Unless the Lord had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence."
Psalms 94:17


This is very thought-provoking.  That God is the one who saves us from silence, and helps us to speak... to allow our souls to speak, rather. :)  What I envision is someone walking around through life, doing the wrong things, and the soul is silent, not complaining, not responding... just watching sadly.  Having God around is what allows our souls to speak, and allows us to attempt to unify our actions and beliefs.  We have a lot to discover about ourselves, but if we focus only on our body's instincts and desires, then we learn much, but we have nothing to balance it with.  We have to also learn of our spirit's instincts and desires, and how to integrate soul and body without cheating either. :)  I really like this scripture... I am going to have to think about it more.  I invite you to as well... and if you have any additional insights, let me know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews