Friday, May 24, 2002

Alma 32:21

"And now as I said concerning faith--faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true."
Alma 32:21


This is interesting, because I was asking myself just yesterday (in an email... I write emails and never send them to anyone. Someday, they will lock me up for things like that...) about idealism... whether you should go for the sure thing, or wait for the remarkable thing... whether you go for the higher-paying secure job, or take the lower-paying chance to break into what you really love. Things like that. And I think that, as little children on earth, we probably have a really mixed up sense of what security and surety are. We have to live our dreams, and embrace hope... we have to reach higher than seems possible... things beyond our reach, things beyond our sight. We have to trust that feeling that there is something better than this... and find truth wherever it is. We have to believe that the extraordinary is possible. :) And then we have to live for it. Whenever we give up our dreams and settle for something less, I think that we lose hope and faith in ourselves and the world around us. ... Of course, back to the scripture... I think that there are a lot of true things out there that we can't comprehend or reach yet... but knowing that they are there helps us to be open to them in the future, and believe that we will reach them someday. Let's keep reaching. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews