Sunday, December 30, 2001

Acts 7:34

"I have seen, I have seen the affliction of my people which is in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and am come down to deliver them.  And now come, I will send thee into Egypt."
Acts 7:34


I can just imagine being Moses here... I mean, first of all, the burning bush would throw you off a little, and then the whole awe thing with talking to God... so he's standing there, probably still in "wow" mode, and nodding... yes, God hears his children, yes, God will deliver them... wha..?   Me? :)  I think we're always surprised when God uses us to accomplish things.  We all feel inadequate, and certainly know that God could do better himself.  I think it shows God's amazing love for us that he does offer us the opportunity to do his work... even though we are imperfect, he loves us enough to be patient with our weaknesses and failings, and to let us learn how to do things.  Like a parent allowing their child to help wash the dishes even though they break two or three, and never really help to get many of them cleaner. :)  Even when we are the absolutely slowest of learners, he still offers us opportunities to serve and learn, and we learn some confidence and even skill in our service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews