Tuesday, December 25, 2001

3 Nephi 10:21-22

"Behold, I have come unto the world to bring redemption unto the world, to save the world from sin.
Therefore, whoso repenteth and cometh unto me as a little child, him will I receive, for of such us the kingdom of God.  Behold, for such I have laid down my life, and have taken it up again; therefore repent, and come unto me ye ends of the earth, and be saved."
3 Nephi 10:21-22


I know this scripture doesn't seem particularly Christmasy, but I think that it goes with the theme. :)  The reason that Christ came to this earth was to save us from sin.  I think that is really interesting.  When I think of wanting to be saved from something, that isn't what I usually think of.  Today, though, it seems appropriate... and maybe it should seem so more often.  No matter what kind of monsters we have in our lives, nothing is so dangerous to us as ourselves, and the choices that we make to sin.  Christ came to this world to save us from ourselves... and I am grateful for that unsurpassable gift, for without him we all would be unable to change our minds. :)  A bad path, once chosen, would be ours throughout eternity, and there would be no way back to see any other scenery.  Thanks to Christ, we *can* change our minds, and our hearts.  We are the reason that Christ came, and he considers us worth all that he suffered.  So, today, let's work on changing the scenery, and thanking God for the opportunity we have to come unto him as children again, and not be trapped in the adulthood of someone that we don't want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews