Wednesday, December 26, 2001

Zephaniah 1:17

"And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the Lord: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung."
Zephaniah 1:17


This is interesting, and something that I think I have seen in myself, and perhaps others.  It seems that when I am doing the right things that my mind is clearer.  I don't get unduly concerned about small things, and I am a lot more calm.  It seems as though I can see my path better.  When I am failing to do the right things however, my path is obscured and I walk as though I were blind... and perhaps I am, spiritually.  I really don't know how accurate my observations of others has been, but it seems as though something similar happens to others as well.  It's almost as though when we aren't in contact with God that we lose contact with part of ourselves as well... parts of our brain shut down.  I know I feel foggy a lot of the time if I haven't been staying on track. I have access to less information (probably because the Holy Ghost brings things to our remembrance, and without him, I can't get at the files). :) I get depressed and feel lost a lot more easily as well.  As I said, I don't know if it is the same for everyone, but I thought the relation between sinning and walking like blind men in this scripture was startlingly true.  So, if you have similar experiences, remember what it takes to enlighten your mind and your soul... as we come unto him, God gives sight to our blindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews