Friday, December 21, 2001

Doctrine and Covenants 42:68

"Therefore, he that lacketh wisdom, let him ask of me, and I will give him liberally and upbraid him not."
Doctrine and Covenants 42:68


I love the idea that God will give us whatever we ask for.  We have, as a society, all of these fairy tales... and individual dreams... about getting what we wish for, or spectacular adventures that end in finally having what we want.  ... and with God in so many ways our dreams can and do become reality.  The only thing is that we have to be careful about what we ask for, and to dream of thing that will truly make us happy.  The cool thing about asking for wisdom is that God won't find fault with that request, ever.  Wisdom is a great thing to have, and it helps us to know what dreams to seek, and what questions to ask.  I know that I often lack the wisdom to know what to do with my life... what to dream of, and what to ask for.  If you have similar moments, wisdom is always a good request.  Let's ask God to help us be wiser.  We could probably all use a little of that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews