Sunday, September 17, 2000

Mark 1:40-41

"And there came a leper to him, beseeching him, and kneeling down to him, and saying unto him, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean."
Mark 1:40-41


This is great.  You know, yesterday I was moving almost the whole day... carrying boxes back and forth... and it is really hot in phoenix, and I was sweating a lot, and there was dust, and dirt, and I was so hot and filthy when I went to take back the U-Haul that I was cringing for my friend who had to ride with me.  But afterwards, we went over to my old apartment and took showers, and nothing feels quite as good as getting all of that grime off of yourself, and feeling refreshed.  And that is what Christ does for people.  This scripture isn't just about being clean from the particular disease of leprosy, but about being completely clean in every way, and having nothing to be ashamed of before God.  And you know, no matter who we are, or what has happened to us, or what we have done in the past.... Christ can make us clean.  And, he is willing to do so.  Just like he never would have walked away from this faith-filled leper... he won't walk away from us when we ask him for his cleansing power in our lives.  He loves us, and he wants to hang out with us... but, you know... being in a car with someone who smells bad is hard (my poor, poor friend).  :)  So, first, we need to get clean.  It feels good... to remove the grime... to be refreshed in body and spirit... and to know that you can stand before God with a clear conscience.  He doesn't hold past things against us... it becomes as though it never happened, except for the learning experience. :)  And, that is cleaner than we can ever get alone.  Talk to God.  Be clean.  It feels great. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews