Friday, May 19, 2000

John 16:13

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come."
John 16:13


This last Sunday I taught a lesson in Relief Society on the Holy Ghost, and so I have been thinking about it... I think that it is so amazing... imagine: ALL truth.  that's beyond incomprehensible... so, just... wow.
God is the ultimate teacher, because he knows everything, and he knows his students perfectly, so he can cater his teaching to our individual needs and learning styles.  The spirit shows us the future at times, brings to our remembrance things from before this life... and part of this life that we need to remember just at the right moment.  God is always preparing us for the next lesson, building us up at our own pace, as fast as we are willing and able to learn.  I think of what a different and better person I am now than I was when I was 17... or even when I was 27... and all because of the people and the opportunities for learning that God places as lessons for us in our personal tests.  Just think how much more we could be if we could learn to have the Holy Ghost teaching us 24/7... if we could be in tune enough to always be learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews