Tuesday, May 16, 2000

Isaiah 60:20

"Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the Lord shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended."
Isaiah 60:20


I think that the whole theme of light is amazing.  When I'm not doing very well I say that I feel "dark" ... and when I am doing well, and am happy and excited about things, then my perspective "brightens" ... right?  and so, for me at least, this scripture promises more than  eternal day ... which is really good if it doesn't also come with Phoenix's unbearable heat... in terms of clarity and being able to see everything around you... to understand, comprehend, know... all amazing and great things. but I think of it also as never letting my personal sun go down, never getting that darkness in my soul anymore... and then my days of mourning will truly be ended. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews