Saturday, February 26, 2000

Moroni 8:3

"I am mindful of you always in my prayers, continually praying unto God the Father in the name of his Holy Child, Jesus, that he, through his infinite goodness and grace, will keep you through the endurance of faith on his name to the end."
Moroni 8:3


Back in the olden days, when I actually used to write snail-mail letters to people, I would sometimes include this scripture after signing off, to let the person know that I cared, and that I was thinking of them.  I guess I feel like that today...
It's a really good scripture, and I think shows what we can do for the people around us.  we can't always relieve suffering, we can't always save people from consequences... we can't even stop them from walking off the edge of the cliff that we see they are headed for.  we have a hard time even helping ourselves sometimes... but *God* can relieve suffering... *God* can save people from consequences... *God* can put some neon lights up at the edge of the cliff, and can even pull them up after they have fallen off the edge.  God can solve ANY problem, and make things okay.... even turn it all into a productive learning experience.  God will always know what to say.  He is the master teacher, and can teach anyone with any learning style, even me... even you.  Prayer works... even when nothing else can. :)
Pray for the people around you... all of them.  pray that God will protect them, watch over them... teach them.  Pray that He will guide them to happiness and peace. Can you imagine what this world would be like if we all prayed for each other, and meant it?  :)  There is power in prayer... it works, it helps.  Miracles come to pass... every day.  Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews