Thursday, February 10, 2000

2 Timothy 1:7

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7


God is so amazing. :)  When we fear... about the future, our friends, or some event in our lives... or anything, really... it isn't God that is inspiring that stress.  He wants us to be at peace and able to handle everything.  It's Satan who promotes anxiety.  But God knows that we do fear and worry... and so, to combat that, he has given us power, and promised us that the power he has given us will be a match for *anything* we come up against.  Then, he has given us love... to help us deal with other people who are stressed, or who stress us out... love is a good way to deal with it.  And, lastly... a sound mind. :)  Believe me, I know this to be true absolutely... when we have God in our lives, we are way way more sane than when we don't.  And think about it... with Power and Love and a Sound Mind... and without Fear... what in life *couldn't* we do? 
The trick is, we need to accept what God offers us... power, love, sanity... :) and freedom from fear... and we have to accept it *by* accepting God.  I know that I am closer to God when my fears die down, when I feel a little more sane... when I feel that I have the power to deal with things in my life.  I think it is tiny things that prove every day that God is there.  If I read my scriptures in the morning, my day goes better than if I don't.  If I pray before I sleep, I sleep better.  God is there in every aspect of our lives, giving us the tools and the power to overcome even the little problems in our lives.  Try the experiment.  Pray sincerely about something that scares you... or about something you don't think you have the power or love or sanity to handle... God does.  And all we have to do is ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews