Wednesday, February 23, 2000

Doctrine and Covenants 88:45-50

"The earth rolls upon her wings, and the sun giveth his light by day, and the moon giveth her light by night, and the stars also give their light, as they roll upon their wings in their glory, in the midst of the power of God.
Unto what shall I liken these kingdoms, that ye may understand?
Behold, all these are kingdoms, and any man who hath seen any or the least of these hath seen God moving in his majesty and power.
I say unto you, he hath seen him; nevertheless, he who came unto his own was not comprehended.
The light shineth in darkness, and the darkness comprehendeth it not; nevertheless, the day shall come when you shall comprehend even God, being quickened in him and by him.
Then shall ye know that ye have seen me, that I am, and that I am the true light that is in you, and that you are in me; otherwise ye could not abound."
Doctrine and Covenants 88:45-50


Kind of long today, but fascinating stuff.  I like in the first verse how the earth and moon are feminine and the sun is masculine... interesting, and maybe indicative of how the two genders have to co-exist, each pointless without the other... but who knows. :)
Anyway, going on... anyone who has seen the planets... and it seems like we see our planet every day if we take the time to notice... has seen God.  Isn't that interesting?  Then he goes on to say... you have seen me, all of you... but you don't get it.  The light is all around you, I am there, to be seen... but because you have darkness in you, you can't see it.  however... and this is amazing... the day will come when you will comprehend even God.  wow.  wow wow wow wow.  comprehending God.  I have a hard time comprehending *anyone* ... a hard time with directions even.  and someday I am going to comprehend God.  That is mind-bogglingly huge.  Unbelievably cool.  and then we will know that we have been seeing him this whole time, every day of our lives, and not noticing.  we'll understand how connected we are to God, and why we need him so desperately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews