Monday, July 31, 2023

Psalms 12:5-6 -- On Caring For the Poor

"For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the Lord; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times."
Psalms 12:5-6


I love the idea that the Lord will keep the poor safe. I mean, that doesn't mean that we don't have a responsibility ourselves of course, but I like that it is at the top of the Lord's mind, and that they are important to him, and he is showing us that they should be importandt to us. I also like the theme here that the Lord doesn't take his words lightly and that we can trust everyghing that he says with absolute solidity.

Today, let's look unto God, trust what he says, and do all we can for God's children and our brothers and sisters who are among the poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews