Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Luke 24:38-43 -- On the Resurrected Christ

"And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
And he took it, and did eat before them."
Luke 24:38-43


This is Christ showing himself to eleven of his disciples after his resurrection, and calming them down because they were afraid. One of the things I really like here is the "believed not for joy" part. I think extreme emotion messes up our thinking sometimes, whether good or bad, and we just can't process... and it shows how overwhelmingly happy Christ's disciples were to see him again.

Today, let's investigate and know for ourselves whether Jesus is the Christ. And if we've gotten that testimony in the past, let's make it stronger, just as the disciples did after he was resurrected. And let's also catch some of this feeling of being so overjoyed in Christ that we can't think straight. We obviously need to think/believe, but if we learn to love Christ the way the disciples did, not only will we gain salvation, but we'll be able to partake of some of that same joy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews