Friday, July 21, 2023

1 Nephi 22:26 -- On Righteous Hearts

"And because of the righteousness of his people, Satan has no power; wherefore, he cannot be loosed for the space of many years; for he hath no power over the hearts of the people, for they dwell in righteousness, and the Holy One of Israel reigneth."
1 Nephi 22:26


I think Nephi is speaking of the Millenium here, and it is such a cool idea that everyone could be so righteous that Satan wouldn't be able to have any power over us. I would love to live in a place like that... I just don't know if I would fit in, because I definitely don't think I am that righteous. Maybe few, or none of us are, yet... but that's the really nice hope in all of this--that God will help us get there, and assist us to become those people. That's where all of this is leading as we go through trials and learn, tiny bit by tiny bit, to be nicer and more patient and more faithful.

Today, let's drink in the lessons of the Lord, looking forward to the time when we will be able to be this amazing, with his help. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews