Saturday, October 1, 2022

D&C 6:34-36 -- On Flocks, Fear, and Faith

"Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.
Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you.
Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not."
Doctrine and Covenants 6:34-36


I like the "fear not, little flock" idea here. Even though the church is much larger now than it was in the days of Joseph Smith, I think that we all still feel like a little flock in the middle of a big bad world sometimes, and God still wants us to trust him and to forgive us as we work to change and to take his advice. Today, let's have faith in God's message here and try not to worry about all those external worries, but only about how we stand before God. If we can get that part right, then God will help us handle everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews