Friday, September 30, 2022

Luke 4:42-43 -- On Regrets and Goodbyes

"And when it was day, he departed and went into a desert place: and the people sought him, and came unto him, and stayed him, that he should not depart from them. And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent." Luke 4:42-43


I like this scene where the people loved him and wanted him to stay with them, but he couldn't, and had to move on, and I imagine that he wanted to stay sometimes, and wished that he had more time, both in those limited moments and overall in his life. And then in my mind I am contrasting this with 3rd Nephi where he comes and stays for a long time, and he was able to get at least some of that time that he didn't always have during his mortal ministry.

To me, I think that this relates to all of us in some way. Sometimes we have regrets about not being able to do something we wanted to do in life. We wish we could have learned or done something, or had more time with people we care about. Because of Jesus Christ, someday we too are going to get that extra time, and be able to learn more, grow more, spend more time, and be reunited with those we love.

It's a small thing perhaps, but what a miracle that God gives us in guaranteeing that the goodbyes that we are faced with today, no matter how permanent, are not the end. Today, let's work on seeing past current limitations to the eternal life and goodness that God promises us ... beyond goodbyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews