Friday, October 28, 2022

Isaiah 50:5-8 -- On Unity and Peace

"The Lord God hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back.
I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.
For the Lord God will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.
He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me."
Isaiah 50:5-8


I like the idea here that other people can't cause us to be ashamed... and the challenge is not being ashamed before the Lord. Also, being united with God can help us to find common ground even with former enemies... and the Spirit of the Lord can make us open to that. It is hard, for sure, but if we can let go of our rebellion, our hate, and our resentment, we can find peace in our lives in so many places where there was pain previously. As we all grow and learn and draw closer to the Lord, we also draw closer to one another.

Today, let's work on doing our part and letting go of our rebellion and resistance to God, and as we do, God will also help us find peace with other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews