Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Zechariah 13:8-9 -- On a Covenant with God

"And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.
And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God."
Zechariah 13:8-9


This is talking about something that will happen at the Second Coming... and it is a good picture I think of the agreement/covenant that we should all have with the Lord. We accept him as our God, and he accepts us as his people. Or in other words, we belong to him, and he belongs to us. Like family.

I think that most of the problems we get into with our relationship with God are when we expect him to be our God, but don't accept that we also need to be his people and actually listen to and follow his advice. Today, before all the destruction and trying, let's be willing to establish that covenant with God, and do our part by reading and pondering his words and obeying his commandments. As we do, I think we'll recognize his hand in our lives more clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews