Thursday, October 13, 2022

Moroni 9:4-5 -- On Losing Love

"Behold, I am laboring with them continually; and when I speak the word of God with sharpness they tremble and anger against me; and when I use no sharpness they harden their hearts against it; wherefore, I fear lest the Spirit of the Lord hath ceased striving with them.
For so exceedingly do they anger that it seemeth me that they have no fear of death; and they have lost their love, one towards another; and they thirst after blood and revenge continually."
Moroni 9:4-5


Reading this, what I was thinking about is how defensive we get sometimes... even when people are trying to help and give us good advice. Sometimes it is easier to attack or get angry rather than recognizing our faults and facing them... anger and pride often mask our insecurities. The scariest part though is the idea here of hardening our hearts and losing our love. Today, let's refrain from taking the tiny little steps that would lead us to become like this. Let's work on being humble, and on practicing love. Let's try to avoid getting defensive and angry, especially with God, who always acts with our best interest in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews