Saturday, May 30, 2020

Acts 24:16 -- On Mental Baggage

"And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men."
Acts 24:16


This is part of Paul's statement before Felix, defending himself against the accusations of Ananias and Tertullus.  This part stood out to me because having a conscience that is completely clear seems like a super big deal.  I'm always randomly remembering something I did wrong in the past, and living so that there is less of that is a great goal. :)

Today, let's think about who we want to be, and the times when we feel that conscience telling us to do better.  That's the Spirit of God, teaching us a better way, so we don't have to get the reward of "remorse of conscience" (Alma 29:5).  Let's listen, and work on clearing out our mental baggage. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews