Monday, September 23, 2013

Psalms 73:26

"My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever."
Psalms 73:26


 I like this.  It seems to be a good reminder of how temporary a lot of what we think of as "ourselves" is.  Our bodies aren't currently in an immortal state, and our flesh and our hearts are at risk of failure.  ... But, thankfully, that isn't the end.  Because of God, even our bodies will be resurrected and live again... our hearts and our flesh returned to us.  God is that strength to overcome death, and hell, and he is the reason that we will have an eternal inheritance.  He will restore our hearts... literally *and* symbolically. :)
Today, let's look to God, trust in him, and follow his instructions so we know how to return home to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews