Wednesday, November 27, 2002

Abraham 4:18

"And the Gods watched those things which they had ordered until they obeyed."
Abraham 4:18


This strikes me as sort of funny, actually.  I get this mental picture of this stern group of Gods with their arms crossed, tapping their feet, waiting for the expected obedience. :)  Of course, I'm sure it wasn't like that... it was probably more like a gardener, who organizes and plants, and then watches and waits for the growth of his plants.  One thing about the book of Abraham that makes so much sense to me is that it refers to Gods as a plural.  ... I think it would be so much more fun to make a world with other people involved than to try to do it all myself. :)  And, it certainly makes it easier to watch it all... I mean, I know that God can see everything, but you know... just so that they can all participate together. :)  More like a community than an individual effort.  God makes the plan, and then the whole community gets into the effort of making it happen... something like that.  Fascinating. :)  Anyway, today... when we feel God's eyes on us, let's make sure we obey. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews