Tuesday, November 5, 2002

Doctrine and Covenants 93:33-34

"For man is spirit.  The elements are eternal, and spirit and element, inseparably connected, receive a fulness of joy;
And when separated, man cannot receive a fulness of joy."
Doctrine and Covenants 93:33-34


Thinking about joy this evening... always a good topic. :)  And I like this scripture, talking about how we need each part of ourselves in order to have complete joy.  We can't hate parts of ourselves... can't let our spirit self and our element self be at war, because they need each other for perfect joy... and wow, what is a cooler idea than perfect joy?  Sometimes I am so happy I can't stop grinning, or there are just times when I want to go up and hug every person I see... I don't, of course, because someone would probably commit me... but it FEELS like that, you know?  And that is imperfect joy... :)  I can't even imagine... perfect joy must be utterly amazing.  ... and on that note, then isn't all of this earth-stuff totally worth it?  If we could be only partly happy without our bodies, and if it is ourselves in unity that is going to make it so we can't stop grinning for eternity... then it's all worth it.  All the learning to deal with a body... talking, walking, learning some control and fine tuning the language... even the overcoming bad habits part.  Because it is part of learning to be happier than we were... I don't know, I think that I have heard all this happiness stuff before, but tonight it is hitting me.  Why did we come to earth?  Because we wanted to be happier... and that is why we are still here, why we live every day, why we get up in the morning and why we breathe in and out every minute.  So we can find, learn, and drink in happiness.  Seems like an excellent motivation to me, and a great eternal goal for God to help us achieve. :)  (Nice of me to agree with God like that, eh?) ... anyway, so, even if you have heard it before as well... go for the happiness factor today.  Stick with God, he is leading you straight to happiness perfection. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews