Monday, October 22, 2001

John 8:16

"And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me."
John 8:16


You know, it seems to me that Christ had an amazing thing in never being alone.  Everywhere he went, every decision he made, every breath he took, his Father was there, with him.  I wonder if that is the way it was for us before we came to this earth, and part of the challenge is the separateness.  Anyway... interesting stuff.  It is something that we can have too... the constant companionship of God.  We say those words but I think we rarely register that real human warmth can come through our relationship with God.  God will walk with us, and will not leave us comfortless.  We just have to let down our walls a little, and remember that God is a friend and a father and not a scary monster in the sky. :)
Then, even in solitude, we will never be desolate... a good goal for today.  ...and all days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews