Wednesday, October 9, 2024

3 Nephi 27:16 -- On Repentance, Baptism, and Being Filled

"And it shall come to pass, that whoso repenteth and is baptized in my name shall be filled; and if he endureth to the end, behold, him will I hold guiltless before my Father at that day when I shall stand to judge the world."
3 Nephi 27:16


I like the idea here of being filled. It points to the fact that we are not filled without that, and hints at what will fill us... the Spirit, the Holy Ghost, which is also called the Comforter. Comparing a life with the Spirit to one without, the effect of being filled seems apparent. It makes all the diffrence, and is one of the big ways that God can communicate with us and teach us. Today, let's work to have that Spirit in our lives to fill us and to allow Christ more fully into our lives and hearts. And once we have it, let's work on keeping it, and continue to repent so that we never lose that connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews