Tuesday, October 1, 2024

3 Nephi 19:3 -- On Glorious Opportunity and Effort

"Yea, and even all the night it was noised abroad concerning Jesus; and insomuch did they send forth unto the people that there were many, yea, an exceedingly great number, did labor exceedingly all that night, that they might be on the morrow in the place where Jesus should show himself unto the multitude."
3 Nephi 19:3


This part always gets me. I love that they worked all night to get there... and I feel like that is exactly what I would do in the same circumstance, but then I wonder if I would be like... meh, too much effort. The chance to see Jesus, face to face... amazing. But do I make the same effort to do the things that he asks in normal life, and is that a better measure of what I would do?

Today, let's make sure we are laboring to be with God. Sometimes the easiest things are the things that we leave out the most. Let's pray and study the scriptures, making sure those solid things are in place, and let's also take time to listen to and learn from modern prophets, who are the voice of Christ to us in our day as well, and deserving of some effort. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews