Friday, July 2, 2021

Ether 3:16 -- On Bodies of Spirit and Flesh

"Behold, this body, which ye now behold, is the body of my spirit; and man have I created after the body of my spirit; and even as I appear unto thee to be in the spirit will I appear unto my people in the flesh."
Ether 3:16


This is part of the story of Christ showing his body to the Brother of Jared. I like the idea that it teaches us here that our spirits and our physical bodies are essentially identical. There are a lot of conflicts between our physical and spiritual selves during our lives, but I feel like the idea of them being identical shows us that they are made to work together, in harmony rather than in the constant war that we sometimes find within ourselves.

Today, let's work on unifying ourselves. God, as the creator of both kinds of bodies, can show us how if we trust him and follow his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews