Friday, May 25, 2018

Psalms 51:10-11 -- On Clean Hearts and God's Help

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me."
Psalms 51:10-11


I like these verses because it captures the idea of feeling like we're unclean and unworthy, but wanting to change.   I think that is a pretty common feeling... our imperfection running up against God's perfection and suffering by comparison.

Working on improvement is important, but we can't become perfect through our own efforts alone.  We need God's help to change our hearts; to help us to be the better people that we want to be.  That's something that we need to ask for, and be willing to accept, because God never forces us.  But if we want it, he is willing to do miracles for us, and help us to repent, change, and live up to our potential.

Today, let's remember that we can't do it alone, and ask God for the help that we need to have clean hearts and right spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews