Thursday, May 17, 2018

Job 27:6 -- On Being Good Even In the Hard Times

"My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go: my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live."
Job 27:6


I think we all feel like this sometimes, and it is a good, strong statement, but I think it means even more in the context of this verse from Job, who had lost everything.  Too often, we are fair-weather believers, sticking with God when the blessings come pouring in, but doubting and questioning when something goes wrong.

It is significant when he says "my heart shall not reproach me."  It really shows us who we are when times are tough, and sometimes we become internally divided, one part sticking with God and one part freaking out and panicking.

Today, let's remember Job and stay whole and strong.  Let's have faith and hold onto our integrity even in the troubling times... because that is when it really matters, and we figure out who we are, and what we really believe.  Let's be good, heart and soul, body and mind, through and through. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews