Monday, September 15, 2008

1 Nephi 13:39

"And after it had come forth unto them I beheld other books, which came forth by the power of the Lamb, from the Gentiles unto them, unto the convincing of the Gentiles and the remnant of the seed of my brethren, and also the Jews who were scattered upon all the face of the earth, that the records of the prophets and of the twelve apostles of the Lamb are true."
1 Nephi 13:39


One of the things that I like in this verse is the plural... books.  Mmm. I love books. ... And the books convince people that the records (mostly speaking about the first book which is largely the Bible here) are true.  I think that is so cool.  Reading this, I want to sit down and read those books, and get that additional information, you know? ... Fortunately, we have some of those books now.  Pearl of Great Price, the Book of Mormon... some great stuff in there.  And, if it is to convince us that the other records are true... we should read the other records as well, and find out for ourselves what they say.  Amazing things.  I figure if we master the books we've got already and prove to God that we're ready for some new ones, he'll give us some. :) What do you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews