Monday, October 24, 2005

Alma 8:18-20

"Now it came to pass that after Alma had received his message from the angel of the Lord he returned speedily to the land of Ammonihah. And he entered the city by another way, yea, by the way which is on the south of the city of Ammonihah.
And as he entered the city he was an hungered, and he said to a man: Will ye give to an humble servant of God something to eat?
And the man said unto him: I am a Nephite, and I know that thou art a holy prophet of God, for thou art the man whom an angel said in a vision: Thou shalt receive. Therefore, go with me into my house and I will impart unto thee of my food; and I know that thou wilt be a blessing unto me and my house."
Alma 8:18-20


This is interesting to me… Alma was walking away from the city, putting it behind him, and Amulek was in the city, just going about his day, and an angel came to both of them and basically arranged a meeting.  I don’t know if coincidence actually exists, but THIS was not coincidence. … I don’t think that our lives are either.   We meet people, form friendships, go to school, get and lose jobs, move to different places.  None of it is without a reason, and I think that we can all see that if we look back.  All of these things prepare us for something else.  They build possibilities in the future, and they build lessons in our lives that teach us ways of growing and being that will prepare us for things to come.  Ultimately returning to God, but things here and now as well.  Let’s remember to give thanks today for all of the “coincidences” that God sets up for us in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews