Tuesday, April 9, 2002

Matthew 13:58

"And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief."
Matthew 13:58


Just how much of our lives are based on faith, I wonder.  Scriptures like this make me think that a lot more is based on faith than we think.  And not just things we think of as big miracles... but daily ones.  Finding your keys after a prayer, for one.  I have gotten to the point (perhaps because I lose my keys a lot) where I have absolute confidence that if I ask God to help me find something, he will. :)  And sometimes I am stubborn and don't ask... and those times it takes a lot longer to find things.  A tiny thing, but imagine if we could have that kind of confidence in huge things.  Could we, like the brother of Jared, have absolute confidence that God would perform whatever task we asked of him, whether it was making stones into sources of light or moving mountains?  We as a society already believe that intangible things make a difference in our lives... stress-related illnesses for example.  Is it such a leap to believe that faith makes a difference in every aspect of our lives?  That we have a lot of power to bring to pass what we believe in our lives, good or bad?  Today, let us build our faith... and remember that we have power to change the world around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews