Tuesday, April 16, 2002

John 14:14

"If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it."
John 14:14


I've admittedly been overemotional in the past, so take it for what it's worth, but this scripture brought me to the edge of tears this morning.  Such a simple testament of God's love for us.  I just finished reading a really good book, and I am thinking a little about literature... this sentence is something that typically only would be said by a knight to the lady he is trying to win... or something similar at least. :)  It exhibits, just in the phrasing, great love and great trust.  Christ directed these words to his disciples, who he trusted enough to not ask for overly frivolous things... but he directs it to us as well, and that is amazing to me.  That's a huge offer.  And one that we should think about.  It's like being granted wishes by a genie. :)  The thing we have to master is to think first, and ask for the right things, the good things... and not for things that will only bring us unhappiness and pain.  God loves us, and he is willing to grant us anything... anything at all.  Let's not abuse that trust, or take advantage of that adoration... but ask for things that will please God, and help the people around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews