Saturday, August 25, 2001

Jacob 5:66

"For it grieveth me that I should lose the trees of my vineyard; wherefore ye shall clear away the bad according as the good shall grow, that the root and the top may be equal in strength, until the good shall overcome the bad, and the bad be hewn down and cast into the fire, that they cumber not the ground of my vineyard; and thus will I sweep away the bad out of my vineyard."
Jacob 5:66


Interesting.  there is a lot going on in this verse, and I just want to touch on some of it.  One of the things is how tied into our ancestors we are... in a really physical way (or why baptism, marriage and other ordinances for them?).  The root of the tree is them and the branches are us... and there is no way that a branch could survive without the roots.  We are inseparably connected in tangible ways that I don't thing we really understand... I mean, I think we all are... friends as well as family... enemies too I would think. :)  And I *really* would like to understand those bonds... I don't think I really get it most of the time.  That they exist, I feel... but I guess I don't understand how, or why. :) ... or especially what I am supposed to do about it most of the time. :)
The other thing that I thought was cool is that this analogy seems to be saying that we are going to be overcoming evil with good. :)  And you thought society was getting more corrupt. :)  Whoops... I think it *is* ... :)  So, that means that we have to start getting out there and making a difference.  We have overwhelm the world with good so that the bad can get smaller and smaller and finally go away.  Like the city of Enoch... those people worked and worked to reach perfection (or at least as close as it gets on earth), and I imagine that they did more and more good and became better and better personally... that the good swept away the bad in the end. :)  Probably the first step is making sure that Good is winning the battle in your own body... once we have that down, then we might be able to branch out and start a newsletter or something. :)  Anyway, I am just joking around... but there are some really cool ideas in this scripture.  Let's think on it today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews