Tuesday, November 14, 2000

3 Nephi 24:7

"Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them.  Return unto me and I will return unto you, saith the Lord of Hosts.  But ye say: Wherein shall we return?"
3 Nephi 24:7


Good question.  Wherein shall we return?  Probably you can think of a few ways.  This scripture leads into some great tithing scriptures, which is one way that we need to return.  Tithing is one of the ways that we give of our abundance to build the Kingdom... build Zion, and become one by making sure that there are no poor among us... that everyone is provided for.  Not that tithing relieves our responsibility to do more... but it helps.  There are many other ways we can return, I will leave those up to you to think of... the interesting thing to me here is the agreement... if you return to me, I will return to you.  Us first. :)  We have to stretch ourselves and find a way to return to God... and then, to trust him.  There is almost always a waiting period between obedience and blessing... and therein lies the test of life.  Sometimes the waiting period is short, and doesn't try our faith too much.  Sometimes the waiting period is longer.  The Lord is faithful, and will always come through with the blessings of obedience... but we have to be patient and trusting.  Sometimes I know that I am not.  I'll do something right, and then second-guess myself when God doesn't seem to be making things better immediately.  Sometimes I assume that God is asking too much of me, when I *know* that he doesn't give me anything that I can't handle.  I have this need to control the outcome, when that is God's job.  So, today... I am going to try to relax and trust him that things will work out, as long as I am sincerely trying to be obedient. :)  You are welcome to join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews