Friday, October 27, 2000

Psalms 61:1-2

"Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I."
Psalms 61:1-2


This is an amazing scripture.  I was just talking (e-mailing) a friend this morning and we were talking about this very thing... about how God will step in when we are overwhelmed.  We just have to ask.  I like the flood analogy that is in here... of course, I probably like all analogies, so you can take that for what it is worth. :)  lead me to the rock that is higher than I. :)  and when there is a flood, all we want is to get to higher ground, to save ourselves... and you know, God is that ground.  God is our rock, when everything else sinks below water, he is there to save us.  If we pray to God when we are overwhelmed, we can ask him to save us from the flood.  And, you know... even when we aren't in a specific emergency situation... if we can pray with that energy and strength of purpose, recognize, even when we aren't lost in the flood, that we need God *that* much... then we will improve our communication with him incredibly.  He wants us to look unto him in the smallest of things, to include him in each part of our lives... let's give it a try today. :)  And let's look forward to one of the best days on record. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews