Thursday, October 26, 2000

1 Nephi 7:17-18

"But it came to pass that I prayed unto the Lord, saying, O Lord, according to my faith which is in thee, wilt thou deliver me from the hands of my brethren; yea; even give me strength that I may burst these bands with which I am bound.
And it came to pass that when I had said these words, behold, the bands were loosed from off my hands and feet, and I stood before my brethren, and I spake unto them again."
1 Nephi 7:17-18


I think this is an interesting lesson in prayer. :)  Nephi, having been tied up by his brothers who thought he was being over-critical, and wanted to kill him... (serious sibling rivalry going on here), prays to the Lord, and asks the Lord for deliverance, and tells him his idea of deliverance... and God answers him, but not in the way he asked for.  Instead of giving Nephi strength to burst his restraints... he just unties him. :)  I think sometimes this happens to us, and we don't always recognize the answers to our prayers because they come in a different way than we asked for.  Sometimes when we ask to be more loving, God gives us conflict to resolve.  Sometimes when we ask for patience God gives us conflict that we can't resolve.  Sometimes when we ask for pizza, we get grilled cheese. :)  God knows what he is doing, and how we will learn best.  Maybe today we can recognize some of the answers that God has given us in an unexpected way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews