Wednesday, October 18, 2000

Doctrine and Covenants 136:32

"Let him that is ignorant learn wisdom by humbling himself and calling upon the Lord his God, that his eyes may be opened that he may see, and his ears opened that he may hear;"
Doctrine and Covenants 136:32


This scripture hit me today because so often I think that we look for answers anywhere but from God.  I know I frequently do... decide what *I* want... what *I* think is good for me, and never stop to remember that God knows what is best.  We can't find the answers to life's questions in our daily horoscopes, in Tarot cards, or in other people.  Only God has the answers; there is no other source.
We are little children compared to God, and we don't know what is best for us, and the other kids don't know what is best for us... only our father does.  He can protect us from the kidnappers and the other things fighting for our attention... but not if we willingly go to them and like them better than our own father.  We have to remember who we are, and not trade a ride in a nice shiny car for the rest of eternity.
Our eyes and ears don't comprehend all the things that God sees and hears, but if we trust him, he will heal our blindness and sing to us of what we can become.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews