Friday, October 9, 2020

Zechariah 13:9 -- On Being God's People

"And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God."
Zechariah 13:9


This is talking about the Second Coming, and although the refining part sounds tough... that refining is largely what our lives are about, and I think one of the main goals of this life is to also finally get to a point where we are on the same page with the Lord, both acknowledging our roles, as people and God.  So, I think it is actually a triumphant idea, at least for those that it applies to, to get to that point and to be purified and truly one of God's own because of the things that they have learned through their trials and the choices that they have made to join themselves to the Lord.

Today, let's be willing to work on this ourselves, understanding that the refining process of our lives isn't meant to be easy, but rather to cleanse us of our impurities and to come out cleaner and stronger an purer.  Let's go to the Lord and recognize that relationship in our lives, as God and people, and have faith in acting accordingly, following our God and being willing to be taught and to gather and help each other, as his people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews